Whether you're reading for school or reading for fun this summer, the library's 2017 Teen Summer Reading Program "Build a Better World" is the perfect fit for you! It's easy, fun, and flexible to your reading style!
- Sign up and log your reading online. Each minute you read equals one point towards our program and prizes.
- Read what you want! You can do required reading assignments, reading for fun, and all sorts of formats count: books, graphic novels, eBooks, audiobooks, blogs, manga, or magazines, reading to younger siblings - all of that counts as reading time you can log to earn points in our program.
- Submit reviews for what you read.
- Attend fun programs, volunteer, complete missions, and games- all for extra points!
- Receive a raffle ticket for every 20 points that you earn!
- On August 16, we'll have a late-night party for all teens who complete the program by earning 1000 points or more! But no worries if you need more time - you can log time and earn prizes through the end of summer.
The Teen Summer Reading Program is open to middle school and high school aged students in grades 6-12. Visit our online calendar for a full list of activities and events for teens and don't forget to bookmark our online reading log Readsquared so you can log your reading, volunteer hours, and events you attend all summer to reach your 1000 points! We can't wait to "Build a Better World" with you here at the library for summer 2017!